When I was a kid, it was my dream to become a writer. That changed when I got to high school and realized that unless I had the next great American novel sitting under my pillow, I was going to be broke. That’s when I decided to go into journalism (I know, huge salary difference, right?). All through my high school years at Bishop Noll Institute, I worked for the JourNoll newspaper and was the Editor-in-Chief for two years before I graduated. I then began my collegiate journalism career at Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana where I started off as a magazine journalism major. I joined the design staff for Ball Bearings Magazine and, eventually, by the end of the year I was double majoring in both magazine journalism and journalism graphics. That changed again fall semester of my sophomore year when I really fell in love with design through my classes and more student media work.
As a sophomore journalism graphics major at Ball State, I’m apart of Unified Student Media, where I design for both print and digital publications. Through my education and involvement with student media, I am becoming a visual journalist. I love designing for both print and digital platforms so audiences can gain more through information layering and interactive experiences. You can check out my portfolio here.
But even in the midst of my passion for design, I haven’t forgotten about my love of writing. That’s why I started this blog; I may not want to write fantasy novels about wizards and sorcerers anymore (because let’s face it, that did not turn out well at all), but this blog is my outlet to write about the inspirational, fun and hilarious (which happen more often than not) moments I find in everyday life.
I’m just a normal (I can say normal, right? I’m not that nerdy…okay, maybe I am) person who loves what they do. Design (and writing) may be my passions, but I love a bunch of other stuff too, like:
- You’ve Got Mail is my all time favorite movie. All-time favorite as in it’s my favorite movie ever.
- Television sitcoms. They’re my absolute favorite.
- Fun facts. Fun facts are seriously the best thing ever (the last two bullet points are fun facts about me).
- Glasses, and I’ve been wearing glasses since I was 18 months old.
- I’m obsessed with the word ‘obsessed’.
- It’s my dream to one day live and work at Entertainment Weekly in NYC.
- If I had big money, I would pay big money to see Elton John live in concert.
- Pasta, and I could probably live off of mac ‘n cheese if I really wanted to.
Let’s be friends! Follow me on social media:
Contact me here.